I've been meaning to rant.
This rant is about salespeople, not about CompUSA, where the incident took place. CompUSA is my favorite of the computer stores, so I wouldn't want to give a bad impression of it. We were told to get a red covered flashlight for our astronomy class. The red doesn't destroy night vision when you're looking between the sky and star charts. The only place students had been able to find them was at CompUSA, so I knew they were there. I went to the store on Saturday. I also needed printer cartridge refills and while there I thought I would check out the little inexpensive "spy" cameras. I was standing in front of that display when a sales person came up and asked if he could help.
Usually I say no, but I thought perhaps he could direct me to the red lights. "Hmmm. I don't know if we have those," he said, as he took off. I thought he was going to ask someone about them, but apparently not, as a few minutes later I saw him wandering after another customer.
Upshot is, I found everything I needed, including the lights, which were by the check-out. The sale might have looked as though it would be only a few bucks, but turned into $112.00 with all that I needed to get. I wondered if they worked on commission. If so, next time get a little sizzle, dude!